SPECIAL TOPIC: BERNICE
1. She was the oldest daughter of Herod Agrippa I.
2. She was the sister of Agrippa II, and for a period of time was his incestuous lover. Later she was a mistress to Titus while he was a general.
3. She was also Felix's third wife, Drusilla's sister.
4. She was married to Herod Chalcis (Herod Agrippa I's brother, her uncle), but when he died she moved in with her brother.
5. She later married Polemon, King of Cilicia, but left him to return to her brother who had just been given the title of "King."
6. She was the mistress of both Vespasian and Titus.
7. For historical references
a. Josephus' Jewish Wars 2.11.6; 15.1; 17.1.
b. Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews 19.9.1; 15.1; 20.1:3
c. Tactius' History 2:2
d. Seutonius' Life of Titus 7
e. Dio Cassius' Histories 65.15; 66.18
f. Juvenal's Satire 61.156-157
Copyright © 2012 Bible Lessons International