SPECIAL TOPIC: END OR FULL (telos) IN THE BOOK OF HEBREWS
This culmination of spiritual things is a recurrent theme in Hebrews.
1. telos end, fulfillment (Heb. 3:6,14; 6:8,11)
2. teleiōo, "to make perfect"
a. (Jesus) to perfect the author of their salvation through suffering (cf. Heb. 2:10)
b. (Jesus) having been made perfect through suffering (cf. Heb. 5:8-9)
c. the Law made nothing perfect (cf. Heb. 7:19)
d. a Son, made perfect forever (cf. Heb. 7:28)
e. make the worshiper perfect (cf. Heb. 9:9)
f. make perfect those who draw near (cf. Heb.10:1)
g. He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified (cf.Heb. 10:14)
h. apart from us they should not be made perfect (cf. Heb. 11:40)
i. the spirit of righteous men made perfect (cf. Heb. 12:23)
3. teleios, the mature (cf. Heb. 5:14)
4. teleios, more perfect tabernacle (cf. Heb. 9:11)
5. teleiotēs, press on to maturity (cf. Heb. 6:1)
6. teleiōsis, if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (cf. Heb. 7:11)
7. teleiōtēs, the author and perfecter of the faith (cf. Heb. 12:2)
Jesus brings the maturity and completion that the Mosaic Covenant could never do!
Copyright © 2014 Bible Lessons International