SPECIAL TOPIC: IS HEALING GOD'S PLAN FOR EVERY AGE?
1. Healing was a significant aspect of the ministry of Jesus and the Apostles.
2. It was intended primarily to confirm their radically new message about God and His kingdom.
3. It shows the heart of God for hurting people.
4. God has not changed (Mal. 3:6) and He still acts in love in healing.
5. There are examples where healing did not take place.
a. Paul, 2 Cor. 12:7-10
b. Trophimus, 2 Tim. 4:20
6. Sin and sickness were associated in the rabbis and James (cf. John. 9:2; James 5:13-18).
7. Healing is not a guarantee of the New Covenant. It is not part of the atonement described in Isaiah 53 and Psalm 103.
8. There is true mystery about why some are healed and some are not.
9. It is possible that although healing is present in every age, there was a significant increase during Jesus' lifetime; this increase will occur again just before His return.
Copyright © 2012 Bible Lessons International