SPECIAL TOPIC: NEW TESTAMENT EVIDENCE FOR ONE'S SALVATION
It is based on the New Covenant (cf. Jer. 31:31-34; Ezek. 36:22-38) in Jesus:
1. The character of the Father (cf. John 3:16), the work of the Son (cf. 2 Cor. 5:21), and the ministry of the Spirit (cf. Rom. 8:14-16), not on human performance, not wages due for obedience, not just a creed.
2. It is a gift (cf. Rom. 3:24; 6:23; Eph. 2:5,8-9).
3. It is a new life, a new worldview (cf. James and 1 John).
4. It is knowledge (the gospel), fellowship (faith in and with Jesus), and a new lifestyle (Spirit-led Christlikeness) all three, not just any one by itself.
5. See the tests of true salvation at Contextual Insights to 1 John 2:3-27, C. online.
Copyright © 2013 Bible Lessons International